Hi. I'm Howard David Ingham. I'm a freelance writer, editor and performance poet. I live in Swansea, UK.
Curriculum VitaeIn 2002 I achieved MPhil Classics from the University of Wales Swansea (now just Swansea University). I've got a full clean driving licence and a current enhanced DBS certificate.
This is an "edited highlights" CV. More detail and examples of work are available on request.
- I have been a regular performer in the local area. I've read and performed at Chapter Arts Cardiff and the Dylan Thomas Centre, Swansea as part of larger events.
- I was one of the Bridging the Gaps Artists in Residence at Swansea University (with Fern Thomas) in 2012-13.
- Games: I have over 40 credits in tabletop role-playing game products, mostly for White Wolf/Onyx Path, and many of them significant or primary. These include: Changeling: The Lost, Promethean: The Created and supplements, Hunter: The Vigil and supplements, The God-Machine Chronicle, Vampire: The Requiem 2nd Edition (aka Blood and Smoke), Geist: The Sin-Eaters, Shadows in the Dark: Mekhet, The Testament of Longinus, The Wicked Dead, Requiem for Rome, Fall of the Camarilla, and others.
- Magazines: I have contributed reportage to the Big Issue and wrote a column for online magazine Ship of Fools.
- Public Sector: I was part of the final pass editing team for the 2013 Francis Inquiry into the Staffordshire Hospitals via Domarn for HM Department of Health.
- Third Sector: I was the editor of SCM's Movement magazine (2007-2010), and an editor and primary contributor to the 2007 resource Reading the Bible.
Rate CardI'm open to commissions right now. These are my rates. I've been hired as an illustrator before now, but I'm not taking illustration commissions at the moment.
- Writing (magazine articles): £120 per 1000 words.
- Writing and research (briefings or press releases): from £160 per 500 words.
- Writing (game material): £0.05 per word (for US clients, USD $0.05 per), minimum.
- Print design, page make-up: £20/hour.
- Graphics, 3D modelling design (3D print): £20/hour.
- Graphics, 3D modelling design (rigging, animations, video games): £30/hour.
- Editing and proofreading, general and academic: £20/hour
- Performance or public speaking: by negotiation, usually £100 an evening.
- Workshops or day residences: by negotiation, usually £200 the day.
- Translation of Latin texts (into English): £25-40/hour.
These fees are based upon the London Freelance Association Fees Bible, adjusted for location, the market and personal experience.